Monday, March 2, 2009

Hydraulic Master Cylinder Installation

I started by filling the hole underneath the brake master cylinder.
I also had to cut an area open for the clutch master cylinder.


This bracket was made for a first Gen Camaro I modified it by cutting it in half and rewelding.


There was a little flex in the bracket and it looked a bit sloppy so I filled between the firewall and the brcket with metal to make it look more like it was stamped into the firewall.


You can see that a piece of heavier gage sheet metal was welded
behind the firewall for added strength.


I also closed up the hole around the steering column some. I made a plate that bolts to the firewall and welded it to the steering column. The location of the reservoir is only temporary.


Master cylinder installed


Clutch petal was gusseted and hole drilled.
I had to drill another hole because first wasn't quite right.


From inside you can see the plate on the steering column.

No comments: